The Block Management Supplier Directory
Think Block Management. Think Resident.
Join our block management portal, the go-to tool for managing agents looking for approved contractors and professionals.
A few of our suppliers...
Just a small sample of the professional services and contractors that are listed with Resident®
Our view is that technical experience and qualifications should be given, but that fundamentally our business is about people. Whether your property is a private home or a prestigious residential block, you should be able to call on us as a trusted partner to make it work as efficiently and effectively as possible. And so it is not our technical ability that sits at the core of our business, but our client relationships.
Our expertise includes:
- Building Surveys
- Licence to Alter
- Party Wall specialists
- Planned Maintenance
- Insurance services
- Design service that is fully integrated with our technical Surveying skills
- Project Management
- Heritage and listed buildings
- Major Works on residential blocks
- EKA commercial services
Surveying firms deal with buildings. Earl Kendrick Associates are Chartered Buildings Surveyors who care equally about the people inside them.
A niche talent resourcing company operating only within the Block Management arena. We specialise in understanding people and their ambitions, and pride ourselves on a resourcing strategy that prizes the individual.
A passion for supporting applicants through process to placement yields loyal repeat business from both candidates and clients.
Block Recruit source all levels of Property Management Staff, permanent and temporary. We can also provide full HR management and employment of staff, should you be looking to outsource this area.
Bolt Burdon’s team of specialist Leasehold Reform lawyers and staff provide a commercial insight into each transaction. We offer a unique and bespoke service to both freeholder and leaseholder clients on a fixed fee basis, agreed in advance.
Our expertise includes:
- Enfranchisement and Lease Extensions of flats and houses
- Right to Manage
- Right to First Refusal
- Service Charges
- Lease review and interpretation
- Applications to the Tribunal
- Appointment of a Manager
- Acquisition Orders
Bolt Burdon is a full service law firm based in Islington, London delivering something special to the legal market. This is added value to our clients due to the skills of our professional, practical and proud lawyers highly experienced in their practice areas.
Accounting for service charges and service charge audit is a complex area that requires technical specialisms and an understanding of the property sector. Transparency and accountability underpins our work.
Our specialist team delivers value-added service charge certifications and audits to a wide range of residential, commercial and mixed developments. These range from 8 unit properties to mixed developments containing over 700 units. We work closely with managing agents and leaseholders alike, delivering an efficient, timely and cost effective service.
We have a seat on the ICAEW service charge accounts steering committee, ensuring we are at the forefront of changes in recommended practice. We have also acted as expert witness at LVT tribunals, highlighting the expertise we have in house.
Our services include:
- Preparation of service charge accounts
- Service charge certification and audit
- Completing handover reviews on change of managing agents
- AGM attendance and meetings with landlords and agents
- Preparation of statutory accounts for RTM’s
- Corporation and trust tax advice and returns
- Tax planning for non-service charge income
- Annual compliance reports for RICs, ARMA and ARLA
- Advice and assistance during the acquisition of freehold properties
Safety management is a key part of a block managers responsibilities; unfortunately it can also be a confusing and seemingly complex minefield of liabilities and, without the right guidance, there can be many pitfalls. 4site provide sensible risk management solutions to managers of Residential Property. Whether you look after block or manage a portfolio of properties, 4site will provide bespoke advice and guidance that is both informative and easy to understand.
4site Consulting’s core service includes;
- Health & Safety Risk Assessments
- Fire Risk Assessments (often combined with the General RA)
- Asbestos Management and R&D surveys
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Bespoke Safety Training for Property Managers & Site Staff
- Policy Implementation
- Contractor Safety Management
Communication is key to good service, and it is 4site’s widely acclaimed award winning service that has impressed, supported and assisted our clients for many years: Experience this for yourself and get in touch today for a chat about risk management at your block.
LBB Chartered Surveyors are an award winning, specialist surveying firm established in 1994, comprising experienced professional Building Surveyors and Valuers. Building Surveying Dealing with wide variety of residential and commercial work for many Property Managers and owners throughout London and the South East.
- Specification and Administration Building Projects
- CAPEX and Service Charge Budgets
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- Defect diagnosis and advice
Litigation Providing expert advice in property disputes and litigation, concerning such matters as service charges, building repairs and defects, major works, property management, lease extensions, enfranchisement and dilapidations.
- Litigation and dispute advice
- Expert Reports
- Expert Witnesses
Appearing in Court and Tribunal
Building Surveying and Litigation enquiries:
John Byers FRICS ACIArb email@example.com
Our Valuers specialise in leasehold reform work.
- Lease Extensions
- Enfranchisement of Blocks of Flats
- Enfranchisement of Leasehold Houses
- Valuations for the disposal of freehold under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
Other specialist valuation work
Valuation enquiries: Justin Bennett BSc (Hons) FRICS ACIArb
BMU – Block Management Utilities are the UK’s market leading block utility management partner providing effective outsourcing of the management of block communal energy supplies. As a trusted and respected utility management partner, our outstanding service delivery means that we can take away all the administration and hassle associated with managing contracts, renewals, termination notices and billing queries, saving our clients both time and money.
BMU have a strategic partnership with Resident to provide their clients utility management services to help their clients save valuable administrative time. Integral to this relationship is the integration of BMU reporting within the Resident software, prepopulating within a report all the information they will ever need about the supply and meter details to a block.
Benefits Summary to Agents that Adopt BMU:
- Pre population of fields by Resident ensures both accuracy and convenience
- All the information an agent will ever need is in one place
- Service and support from BMU
- Our service is FREE
- BMU will deal with any billing queries
- BMU can pay commission for each meter that goes live
- Peace of mind, finite management of block utilities.
- We are the only genuine utility management company working with block managing agents proactively supporting our customers with regular reporting, review meetings and an assigned account manager to deal with day to day queries.
- Our service guarantee ensures that the bill payer will never be out of pocket if we fail to get a meter in contract on time, or serve the correct notices. In the unlikely event that this happens, BMU will pay the difference.
- In the event that there are billing issues, Resident agents deals with us to resolve them, rather than speaking to the supplier saving the client time and effort.
- We have 10 years BM experience and have the systems and processes to ensure outstanding service delivery.
- We work with the some of the biggest BM companies all the way through to the smallest.
- BMU can provide Resident customers with a common process to manage their utilities.
T: 01484 506 410
Tetra Consulting help you mitigate your Health & Safety risks, therefore alleviating your stress and allowing you to focus on other areas of your business. With over 20 years of health and safety compliance experience, Tetra Consulting provides agile safety risk consultancy solutions to help managing agents protect their most important assets: people, property and their brand. Our mission is to support and guide you and your Company in all aspects of safety management and compliance by providing smart solutions and technical safety expertise. Our goal is to empower businesses to create safe and healthy environments for everyone, everywhere.
“A company that Makes It Happen, needs a Health and Safety Partner that does the same. We believe we have found this in Tetra, and are thrilled with their knowledge, pragmatism and responsiveness. When we need an answer for Health and Safety, Tetra are always there.” – MIH Property Management Ltd
Core services for managing agents include:
• PRISM – cloud-based property risk management software tracking of all H&S tasks and actions
• General health and safety risk assessments
• Fire risk assessments
• Fire strategy & Fire management, plan reviews, door inspections
• Legionella Risk assessments, management and auditing
• Authorising Engineer
• Asbestos management, refurbishment and demolition surveys
• Asbestos removal project management
• Working at height consultancy
• Accredited training, including eLearning
• Construction Safety consultancy
Our essential accreditations include:
ISO 9001/14001and 45001 for quality, environmental and safety standards respectively, UKATA Asbestos, UKAS 17020 for fire, City & Guilds Water Training Accreditation, BAFE Life Safety Fire Risk Assessment SP205 – Gold. Constructionline- Gold, Member of the Legionella Control Association and The International Institute of Risk & Safety Management.
T: 020 8875 0700
Download an application form.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in contact with one of the Resident team.